Damien Howell Physical Therapy
Damien Howell provides Physical Therapy services for orthopedic conditions. His service is based on a patient centered, evidenced based practice which is innovative, effective and efficient.
He passionately looks for the cause of reoccurring injuries valuing active therapy as opposed to passive therapy. This approach satisfies individuals who are seeking answers and who are eager to learn. The guiding philosophy is "It is better to teach someone to fish than to give them fish."
Damien comes to you at your home, office, or fitness facility whichever is convenient for you.
The service is cash based which means you can have as little or as many visits as you chose without an insurance company deciding that for you.
I went to see Damien Howell for a gait analysis and he showed me that I was not completely recovered. The calf muscle on the injured leg is about ¾ the size of the other leg. I need to do some strength training on the muscle as well as core strength. I was surprised at what Damien’s computer video analysis could show. I’m generally skeptical about things like this and being a guy, just want to go out and run. As I get older I seem to be listening to others a lot more. There is something to be said for looking at how you run and getting some expert advice.
President of the Richmond Road Runners Club
Why choose Damien Howell Physical Therapy
Damien works with you to determine whether to correct and eliminate or adapt/compensate for your musculoskeletal problem.
How this is accomplished is you and Damien become a team and
- Investigate/explore changing the things that can be changed, recognizing the things that cannot and adapting/compensating the best way possible
- Ask questions, seek answers, passionately look for causes of repetitive use injuries
- Create new strategies and tactics
- Move in the best way possible
- Encourage, engage, challenge, and strive towards higher expectations
- Choose active interventions
- Collaborate with other healthcare team members.
- Utilize a sound theoretical frame work.
- Use the best available individualized evidence
- Remove limitations imposed by health insurance companies
- Work in your environment your home, your office, or your fitness facility
- Strive for effective and efficient outcome